Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Camellia Surprise Make-over

Happy New Year!

 I begin this new year with a fresh face on an old painting.


Camellia Surprise 2
5x7"
Oil
$70

     Last May I painted a version of this flower that pleased me very much. I had been running into stumbling blocks in my work, and the process of painting one small flower was just what I needed. But then as time went by, I began to see problems with it and thought it was not so good. I finally accepted that it was just not OK, so I gave it a "whitewash" by painting a layer of titanium white over it and letting it dry good and dry. Then I repainted my little flower.
     I suppose some people would think the first one was better than this one. Well, it is too late now. This is the one I have. I think it is more fun to look at, so I am glad I did it. Here is the original:


No comments:

Post a Comment