Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Stella 1


Stella 1
Oil on Canvas
6 x 6"
$75

     We moved. From big house to little house. Have you ever done it? It is an amazing experience requiring more creativity than painting a picture. 
     One day I saw that a crummy, dead looking bush in the new yard had sprouted the most delicate blossoms--a stellata magnolia! It kept changing daily and showing forth more and more blossoms. I photographed it for days. It was wonderful--until the deer ate every last flower in one night.
     I still have the photos though. How good of my new place to give me this gift to start me up painting again after being away from the easel for so long during the move.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, welcome, welcome back, Cheryl. You are one of my favourite painters and I have seriously missed your consistently beautiful work. All the best to you and yours in your new home.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete