Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pablo Close Up



Pablo Close Up
6x6"
Oil 
$72
(Daily Paintworks Auction beginning bid $50)

     Pablo is a beautiful young cat with the whitest fur and orange markings. I did not exaggerate the orange color one bit.  In fact, it is even more fabulous than that. But it is the white fur that makes you stop and think. How to give it definition without losing the startling whiteness? I chose a little ultramarine blue mixed with raw umber. It made a nice gray and I thought the blue in it would go well with the orange since they are complementary colors.
     When I composed the image, at first I had much more cat in the frame, but I found that as I cropped more and more I liked it more and more. I have many more photos of Pablo and will get the rest of him in a painting probably more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment