Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dancing Shoes


Dancing Shoes
6x8"
Oil
$97
(Daily Paintworks Auction beginning bid $65)

     This week's Challenge was to paint your shoes, anyway you want. I chose shoes I rarely get to wear, but I really love them, high enough to be pretty and low enough to be able to walk and dance!
     The shoes are metallic gold and I set them up on a gold colored cloth. All the color was gold, gold, gold. How was I going to make a cool shadow when the shadow I saw was dark gold? I think it could have been good with a dark gold shadow, but I tried for green instead because it is the warmest cool. Then I put a little of the green in the shoes themselves to unify the canvas, and then I needed a little gold in the green shadow to balance that out.  Sometimes the simplest painting like this one takes a lot of work.