Thursday, April 19, 2012

Animal Close Up Challenge


Young Deer
8x8"
Oil
$128
DPW $85

     Deer come through our property all the time. (They ate all landscaping long ago.) They are such pretty creatures, so naturally, I have scores and scores of photographs. This week's Challenge was to paint an animal close up and I chose this little one.
     I wanted the picture to be warm and analogous, featuring just the eyes and nose. I used only yellow ochre, burnt sienna, and prussian blue for the whole thing, along with a little red for the insides of her ears. The black eyes and nose are a mixture of prussian blue and burnt sienna. Limited palettes are sometimes not really very limiting at all.

     


3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Daily PaintWorks and just had to come over and tell you how much I like it. Your deer's face is SO sweet--it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All paintings are hand-painted oil painting .The quality of paint pigment is stable and the color is not easy to change, which is up to the international detection standard of environmentally friendly materials. We pursue high quality of the painting and precise control of the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post!, it is very userful for me, thanks all. Fabulous animal oil paintings for you and your home.

    ReplyDelete