Saturday, August 11, 2012

Small Scene of Nature


Orchard Bunch
18x24"
$775
DPW $545

     Many of my recent paintings have been small, as "Daily Paintings," so my collection has become out of balance. To even that out I decided to try for a size I used to like very much, 18x24.
     Now I do not know if it is the size, the subject, the color, or what, but I slaved over this. I was willing to wash it down, but since I worked so hard on it, I can no longer tell if it is really OK or not, and so I decided to let it live.
     This is probably a good decision because I had a specific idea for this painting and it would not cooperate with me. It kept taking over. If it is that way about it, it deserves a chance. Picasso said, "Begin with an idea, but it must be vague."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but it is wonderful! Love the darkness in the center clump of apples and the contrast of the light in the single apple, so glad you gave it the chance!

    ReplyDelete