Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cherry with White Teapot


Cherry with White Teapot
6x6"
Oil
$72
DPW $60

     White. Now there is a color for you. What paint do you choose? Certainly not white. 
     In this little painting, I had to work with white and with gray. I wanted the cherry to be brilliantly red. The "big idea" was the red against the white. I did what Carol Marine teaches: I mixed red, yellow, and blue to get a gray. I like the way it came out a little greenish to complement and emphasize the red. So the white is not really white, but green. It also had to be not white so that I could put a highlight on that showed. 
     This white business is very challenging. I will try to do more. I have always enjoyed looking at paintings that have lots of white done well.



No comments:

Post a Comment